With the beautiful days of summer that we’re revelling in, you’ve probably already made it out into your garden, cleared away the overgrowth, done the weeding and are watering wisely. But maybe you’re stuck for inspiration and tips for what to do next. Garden Creation Services, the leading landscape contractor for Loughborough, has some ideas to keep your garden blooming and healthy for the next few months (and the rest of the year!).
Look for inspiration in other places
Inspiration for garden design and planting schemes can come from anywhere. Try these ideas out and see where it takes you.
- Visit garden shows and nurseries in Leicester to see what catches your eye.
- Visit an old country house and have a look at their beautifully manicured gardens.
- Take a walk in your local park – it will have some native plants and flowers that will take easily to your garden.
- Take photos of things you see or if a particularly unusual design catches your eye.
- There are also local garden tours in various places, put one on your list to visit.
Make a plan
There’s no point in starting the garden without a plan, otherwise you could end up with a disorganised mess with splotches of colour. Try these tips.
- If anything needs to be replaced, snap a pic on your phone so that you won’t forget when you visit a Leicester nursery.
- Take a critical look at the placement of your plants – whether you need a bigger one over there, or that one takes up too much space.
- If you want to move some plants around, it may be best to wait until autumn, but make a plan now.
When the temperature is at an all-time high, can you get any shade? If not, plant a tree or large shrub to create some much-needed relief. Also, add some small chairs or a bench so that you can read there. If you don’t like that idea, then consider a water feature – the evaporation of the water will provide some moisture in the air and the sound of running water is always soothing in a garden. Quick-growing vines on an arbour are another lovely idea to create some shade.
Add some colour
If you’ve got containers for your plants, maybe step outside the normal rust-coloured ones and add some colour. A hot trend for summer 2018, fluoro colours are in, but you can try pastels or bold primary colours and still add vibrancy to your garden. Add some petunias and replace tired old plants with some local varieties that will flourish all year round. Place containers in borders or in areas where there is a gap for the best effect.
Think of the birds and the bees
Birds, bees, butterflies and other beneficial bugs are vital for the pollination of your plants. Attract a diversity of wildlife to your garden with native plants and varieties that will draw them in. There are some speciality wildflower mixes that look great and grow quickly. A landscape contractor in Leicester, such as Garden Creation Services, can help advise on what’s best for your garden
Expert Gardening Services in Leicester
If you’re looking for cheap gardening services in Leicester, look no further than Garden Creation Services. Visit us at 1000 Loughborough Road, Rothley, Leicester LE7 7NL or call us in Leicester on 0116 230 1617 or Loughborough on 01509 890 402.